Friday, August 1, 2008

Maggie May


It was May 20, 2008, I was sitting at my desk at work when I got the call. It was my husband, Jr., he said come home now!! Naturally I asked what was going on? What is wrong? He wouldn't tell me and just said to get home. Luckily, we live about a mile from work so I was on my way and home in no time. I pull in to the driveway and see Jr standing beside a Nissan, not ours. It belonged to a customer, a nice lady named Maggie. What.....what is going on? You are freaking me out! He points to the car and I see her. She is crouching on the back dash, trying to hide behind the headrest. A tiny calico around 5 weeks old, scared to pieces.

Maggie May was found riding under the hood of a car my husband was test driving for work. My husband, a mechanic, was driving the car listening for squeaking brakes. Instead he heard what he thought was a cat meowing on the side of the road. He stopped the car and heard it again and decided to get out and look for it. Didn't see it anywhere on the road or ditch, then he popped the hood. She was hunkered down on the battery, shaking, eyes as big as sand dollars. He tried to grab her and she managed to wedge herself down into the engine. That is when he was able to get hold of her, put her inside the car, and bring her home.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That is such an adorable story. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie waz smart ebbin' when a babie kittie. She knew she needed a home an' found just da place to make herself known ta find dat home!☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely gotcha day story. That little treasure realy deserved to be in a forever home that loves her. JR was so meant to drive that car that day.

    Happy Gotcha day Maggie May.

    Hugs GJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie May, what a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day Maggie! You are furry lucky your Daddy is a mechanic and knows the insides of cars real good. Thank Cod you didn't slip off that bettery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one interesting gotcha day story! Hope you have a great Gotcha Day Maggie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie, that was so dangerous for you! We are ever so glad your story ended - or better: began - like this. Life is good on the creek, huh?
    Happy Gotcha Day, sweet friend!
    Siena & Chilli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Maggie May! What a great gotcha story! I'm so glad you picked that car to take a ride in.....what a good choice you made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day to you Maggie May! What an interesting story! But also scary!! Mom's Dandelion was a calico! Mom is thinking about making a post about her sometime... but has to hunt up some pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Gotcha Day to Maggie May! That is such a scary way to meet you but it seems like she knew what she was doing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! =^..^=