Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Here I Go Again

Stop me if you've heard this one before..........
Day after surgery and Maggie is doing great! There was some growling and just plain screaming when she came home yesterday, but can you blame a girl! She didn't sleep much last night, which means, we didn't sleep much either. Of course, she is fighting the bandages, so the e-collar is back **dun dun dun!**


"My Lord honey, ain't I been mommicked in this world!"

I have only seen her stand two times, both times in the litter box. It is very difficult for her to get into a standing position with the bandages on, she is unable to bend her legs. So, I have to help her out when she goes potty. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Luckily, her crate is large enough for me to scoot my way in, so I can hold her up. Basically for the first few minutes she just lays in the litter box, then she tries standing....not always successfully. This morning when she was finished she walked right on out of the litter box herself. That is the only time I have seen her walk and it was only a few steps. Then I put her directly into the carrier so we could go to work.

Our bandage removal appointment is on Friday, yay! Since Maggie May did not bother the leg staples last time, she probably won't this time and there will be no need to wear the e-collar after Friday! Can't believe we were just at the vet last Friday having the staples removed. Talk about deja vu! This whole situation is starting to feel a lot like the movie, Groundhog Day!

4 comments:

  1. We are sending Maggie May many, many purrayers and gentle ((hugs)).
    ~ The Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is coming along "as normal" I know your counting down the days until Friday now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Maggie May I think I am gonna call you Miss Miracle Maggie May...oh honey you are astonishing and so beautiful. We send our healing purrs to you...

    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    Abby,Boo,Ping,Jinx,and Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Miss Maggie is getting along and we are all purring so hard here, the house is vibrating! :-)
    Little Henry has a crush on Miss Maggie, he can't wait to get on my lap when I log in to check her purrty blog. We enjoyed reading her Halo blog too, congrats and she is cute as a bug...but you knew that already.
    Love and purrs, keep your spirits up!!

    Pat and kitties >^..^<

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! =^..^=