Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No Sugar Tonight



What a difference a day makes! Our A/C problem has been diagnosed with a coolant leak and the part has been ordered. The nice repair man shot it up with some coolant to get us by until the part arrives. It is so nice to sleep in a much cooler room again. Maggie slept all thought the night with the e-collar on!! Her appetite has dropped off a bit, like it did after the first surgery, so I am giving her extra Nutri-Cal....just not right before bed this time ;) I also give her the splenda-spiked medication in the morning now, and not at night--learned. my. lesson!



To see Maggie May walk is pretty amazing compared to Sunday, the day before the surgery. Even though her legs are still in bandages she is doing a great job of getting around. It is a bit of a struggle to get from laying position to standing and she looks a bit like Bambi on ice, but once she gets going, it is a beautiful thing. The best part-- she no longer walks like a bow-legged crab! I only let her out to walk around for about 10 minutes at a time. The vet said that was just fine.


Maggie May and Stuie the pig

I can't wait for the day I finally get to bring her down stairs to join the rest of our clowder. I know exactly what she is going to do.......she is gonna curl up on the rug in front of the stove while I cook. It is her favorite place to be when I am cooking. Especially when I make homemade Mac N Cheese on Sundays. She loves to eat the cheese that falls to the floor while I am shredding. I can get pretty messy :) No wait, I take that back, the first things she is going to do is put Maya in a sleeper hold, then she will curl up on her rug and wait for falling cheese.


"Where's the cheese?"

***5catsmom....I am so glad you found my blog. One of the main reasons I created this blog was to reach people like you, whose cat has been diagnosed with this odd malady. I pray that Henry doesn't get worse and will never need to have the surgery. Crazy how he and Maggie were both diagnosed at 4 months old. Sounds like they were both right on time!
Our vet recommended supplements that contain glucosamine. One of them is Platinum Performance and the other is Cosequin. Maggie is taking both to help repair her joints. Best of luck to you and your kitties and congratulations on making this world a better place by rescuing Henry!***

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the suggestion on supplements and we plan on trying them. It certainly can't hurt. Looks like you are doing great, Maggie, you can't keep a good kittygirl down! And you are sure cute to boot! Keep up the good work!
    Henry is as happy as a little clam and feisty too, and at this point his wobblies bother me, I think, more than they do him.
    :-) I am praying hard he'll get better without surgery.
    He has some Maine Coon Cat in him and this breed is predisposed. We'll do whatever it takes to get him better though. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! =^..^=