Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bad Moon Rising



Maggie is scheduled for surgery on both knees on Wednesday, September 10. She had x-rays today that confirmed my fears....her right knee is luxating and her left knee cap fell out of place after surgery. Dr. W will be doing a more aggressive surgery this time and will most likely be removing part of her bone, I believe he said the femur. He also said there could be too much tension from a tendon, I think.......

It was all a blur to me as I laid, yes, laid on the bench in the exam room as he drew diagrams and explained the situation. All I was trying to do was stay conscious, but everything was going black. Maggie had her bandage removed and they had to add a few extra staples to her incision. There was blood. Blood and no breakfast for me usually means hitting the floor in a black out. Luckily, I was sitting down. The one time Jr doesn't accompany me to a visit, go figure.

Maggie May is sitting here in her carrier with me at work, being a good little girl with her e-collar on. We are just really trying to be positive and think good thoughts. We will get through it.....just quite the blow. Feel so bad for Mags to have to go though this all over again, this time with both legs. I would really love to be able to fast forward to October.

3 comments:

  1. That sucks. I'm sorry that things didn't work out as well as we all hoped. I know she will do better next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...poor Maggie...and poor Dana! I hope this next surgery will go much better and Maggie will be all "back together again!" Im thinking about ya...I told Kelli animals seem to have a lot more doctor visits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie, my little birthday friend. I am just making my way through all the posts from the beginning. I didn't know you had to go under surgery that often! You are such a brave cat!
    Purrs, Siena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! =^..^=