Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wake Me Up When Septmeber Ends


Cal, in his sailboat.

Maggie May comes to work with me now, maybe I can add her to the payroll. She spends most of her time in her carrier wearing the dreaded funnel around her head. The other part of the time she spends on my lap at the computer. She has gotten pretty good at removing the e-collar herself, so that is why she joins me at work so I can keep an eye on her at all times. Luckily, I have a very cool, animal loving boss! Maggie doesn't believe she needs the sutures and now, staples in her leg and belly and likes to remove them. Bitter apple is not working, but the collar does as long as she will keep it on. I added a very hip, very cute, orange polka dotted ribbon to the collar to help it fit more snuggly. However, Maggie is Houdini and can make the collar disappear in an instant. This is gonna be a very long month!

It is pretty heartbreaking to watch her walk now, with both knee caps dislocated. Luckily, the right knee has not gotten as bad as the left, yet. When it does pop out she is only able to take about 3 steps before she has to lay down. We keep the walking to a minimum as much as possible. Yesterday the doc added an extra pain medication to Maggie's regimen. So now she gets medications 4 times per day. We cut the Clavamox in half, twice a day, to help with the nausea and not eating. I think it is working a bit, Maggie at a little breakfast this morning. I had to drop the pieces of food on the floor like treats, one by one, but she ate them.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the picture of Cal...so cute! I don't know how you do it with so many cats to worry about! Hope Maggie is doing better soon...How's Papa doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME that you have a boss that allows you to bring your cat to work. I should be so lucky. Wouldn't the whole world just be a happier place if we could all bring our animals to work with us?
    I can dream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Im glad to hear that Papa made out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting my blog. You are a gorgeous girl, if I do say so myself.

    I'm so sorry to read about your knee problems. You are so lucky to have a mom that is dedicated to your well-being.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! =^..^=