Friday, September 12, 2008

Welcome To The Jungle



I would like to welcome a new blog reader, Michael. His 6 month old kitten was diagnosed yesterday with a luxating patella that requires surgery. Michael, I wish you all the best and please keep me posted on your kitty's progression though this journey. I hope for you that it is a short and easy journey with great end results!!



This afternoon Maggie May gets her bandages removed....woo hoo! We are hoping for a very good progress report from the vet at this appointment. As you may remember the last bandage removal was followed by some very bad news and me doing all I could not to pass out on the exam room floor. The vet also did survey x-rays last time, don't know if they will be done this time. Guess it depends on what he sees after the bandages are removed. Maggie will still have staples in her legs for about a week longer, so that means she will still have to endure the dreaded e-collar until they are out. Wish us luck this afternoon.



Maggie's appetite has been great lately, maybe it's the food. After bringing home practically every kind of wet food Pet Smart sells, she settled on the food I use for trapping the feral cats for spay and neuter, Whiska's Purrfectly Fish pouches. We use this food for trapping because of it's "high stinkablity factor." I tried something very similar to Whiska's, but healthier, By Nature Organics pouches, Maggie just turned up her little nose and walked/hobbled off. She would rather eat the less expensive version, fine by me! I am hoping that some day soon she goes back to her regular diet of Eukanuba Kitten Dry Formula. However, right now......I am just glad she is eating something and I am able to mix her Cosequin in the food as well.



T.G.I.F--wishing everyone a great weekend!

**Wanted to add that our thoughts are with those in the path of Hurricane Ike. The storm is 200 miles away and the coast is already flooding, not a good sign at all. Praying that all living beings find shelter and safety, from what is said to be a catastrophic storm. God bless**

2 comments:

  1. TGIF too! I hope next week is less stressful for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope every thing goes good today at the vets office. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! =^..^=